Sunday, January 08 – 14:00-15:00
at Fort Lee Public Library (320 Main Street, Fort Lee, NJ 07024)
Hosted by Fort Lee Public Library in Fort Lee, NJ
Supported by Mar Creation, Inc.
Naoko Nakagawa (soprano) & Satoshi Kanazawa (composition, piano) will present a program to include Schumann, Gounod, Puccini, traditional Japanese folk songs as well as original compositions. Best known for his compelling compositions and she for her sublime soprano voice the graduates of the prestigious Tokyo National University of the Arts, have been making music together for over ten years. Their repertoire encompasses a variety of musical genres including operatic arias, Japanese folk songs and original material.
Program (subject to change)
– R. Schumann: Widmung (Dedication)
– C. Gounod: Ah! Je veux vivre (Juliette waltz) -from the opera “Romeo and Juliette”
– G. Puccini: Un Bel Di Vedremo (One Beautiful Day, We Will See) -from the opera “Madama Butterfly”
– W.A. Mozart: Deh vieni,non tardar -from the opera “Le Nozze di Figaro”
– G. Caccini (Vavilov): Ave Maria -arranged by Satoshi Kanazawa
– Satoshi Kanazawa: Out of the Sky -dedicated to the victims of earthquake and tsunamis in Japan on March 11, 2011
– Japanese traditional folk songs