Sunday, February 05, 2012 – 18:30-23:00
at The Bowery Electric (327 Bowery, New York, NY 10003)
Admission: Advance $13.00/15.00 / At door $16.00/18.00
*A partial profit will be donated to the Consulate General of Japan in New York.
Inquiry: email@example.com / 917-400-9362
Online tickets: The Bowery Electric
Facebook: Event Page
j-Summit New York: Facebook
Heat up your winter with the hot sounds of j-Summit New York, the concert series that brings exciting local acts to the stage. We’re proud to present an eclectic lineup of bands and dancers that is as diverse as the city itself.
Here are the performers we’re featuring in February:
• MUTEKI – Powered by the lungs of vocalist/bassist Mouda, MUTEKI is a high-energy, heavy metal trio.
• NoirceuR – The members of this four-piece hard rock band hail from Hong Kong and Japan. Their unique sound reflects the meaning of their name: “Noirceur” is “darkness” in French.
• The Taste – “Yesterday’s the Charm” is the latest single from this alternative/indie rock band.
• The Asterplace – First established in Shanghai in 2005, The Asterplace is a “New Generation Asian Melodic Punk band” that sings in English, Chinese, and Japanese.
• Reiko-4D – j-Summit New York switches to electronica/house/pop with Reiko-4D, a young singer/songwriter who debuted in 2009.
• Yuki and Cuties – The style of this Brooklyn-based band is alternative, jazz, and J-pop peppered with a traditional Japanese flavor.
• Nob – Bringing a touch of spirituality to j-Summit New York, Nob blends jazz, blues, gospel, and R&B.
• We’ll also have dance performances by Myu to Yu and Foxy Foxes.